Speaking of food, I know no one cares but me, but here is a list of all the wonderful things I got to sample in New York last week. It was a pure trip of luxury and indulgence.
1) Carnegie Deli: Reuben and fries
2) Serafina: Taste of salad, bread, gnocchi and lasagne from my friends' dishes. (Total random selection and we were blown away by this restaurant) I wasn't hungry so didn't order anything.
3) Junior's Cheesecake: Devil's Food Cake
4) Sarabeth's: Classic eggs benedict with leafy greens, homefries (amazing), hot chocolate
5) Laduree: Salted Caramel, Raspberry, Chocolate (divine)
6) Levain's Bakery: Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip (life changing- the most amazing thing I ate all weekend) and steamed whole milk
7) Mint Lemonade from little girl's lemonade stand on the Upper West Side
7) Hecho en Dumbo: chips and salsa, shredded beef burritos. (A little too fancy and small portioned for what we were hoping for. Food tasted amazing, just wasn't much of it.)
8) Max Brenner: Italian Hot Chocolate (Milk Chocolate- too sweet) and chicken satay skewers
9) Taste of a New York Bagel and Cream Cheese
10) Prosperity Dumpling: 6 pork and scallion dumplings $1
11) Jacques Torres at Chelsea Market: Wicked Hot Chocolate
12) Hale and Hearty: Half Italian sandwich and soup, Tomato with chicken and orzo
13) Levain's Bakery: Dark Chocolate with Dark Chocolate chips (left over from day before so not hot and delicious but cool and delicious)
By the way I have been overly OBSESSED with tomato soup lately. Like in 4 days I tried 5 different kinds. I can't get enough. I would rate them as follows: 1 is best - 5 is least favorite
1) Hale and Hearty Tomato with Chicken and Orzo (slightly sweet, creamy, good stuff in it)
2) Devan and Blakely Tomato Bisque (Slightly sweet, creamy, pieces of tomato)
3) Campbells Tomato (slightly sweet, creamy...made with 1% milk)
4) Panera Creamy Tomato (slightly sweet, not very creamy...more oily)
5) Whole Foods Tomato Bisque (very pureed with garlic and basil...I don't like tomato soup that resembles spaghetti sauce)
Sunday, October 28, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Wow, Mags! You definitely made the most of the NYC food scene. :) Junior's Devil's Food Cheesecake is MY ABSOLUTE FAAAAVORITE CHEESECAKE OF ALL TIME, and is the cake Karly is going to make for my birthday cake from the Junior's cheesecake cookbook! I can't wait! :)
I want all of this. I literally fell asleep last night thinking about food.
I totally care! I love that you posted all of your NY good eats. I can't believe you got 6 dumplings for a dollar!!!
I would be so, so, so fat if I lived in New York. Fat and poor! That food sounds AMAZING!
Maggs, I love blogs about food, so this post made my day! You travel the right way.:) I love max brenner and love all of the selection in NYC! YOu are wonderful and I miss and love ya!
I'm still thinking about those dumplings! greatest reqret: not getting the soup @ hale & hearty.
Post a Comment