This morning, the first day of November, felt quiet and balmy when I left my house. It was darker than usual with a heavy cloud cover. On my bus ride downtown, I could see into the windows of the schools, offices, and embassies I passed. Usually the sun reflects off these windows or it is brighter outside than inside, making it impossible to see what's in there. But today the light seemed to get darker and darker as time went on. I saw glorious chandeliers, art classrooms with easels and canvases, and grand staircases. I was grateful for the new perspective brought on by some clouds and darkness. It allowed me to see beauty that I otherwise might have missed.
I made my November playlist last night, and it is a little different than usual. Honestly, it represents my constant thought pattern lately--the things that keep me up at night and the first thoughts of every morning. My streams of consciousness, prayers, and fasting seem to be focused on one thing right now: trying to figure out my life. I'm taking a few prayerful steps and putting my trust in the Lord.
No comments:
Post a Comment