Tuesday, March 08, 2016

2015 Recap -- Part 1

I promised a recap post of 2015, and I want to stay true to tradition, so here it is! I have to admit, I'm overwhelmed with this task. I'm still wrapping my head around some of the things that happened to me in 2015. I think this will be a bittersweet post. But I'm excited to dive in and share some highlights of my year with you.


January: Another year of starting the year off right with a trip to New York + Enjoying my daily commute along the Potomac
Photobucket photo IMG_1779_zpsbf00c93f.jpg

February: The beginning feelings that every museum visit in DC would be my last + Finding inspiration in unlikely places
Photobucket photo IMG_1779_zpsbf00c93f.jpg

March: Found my dream salon + had the experience of a lifetime contributing to the transition of The Textile Museum and the Albert H. Small Washingtonia Collection into the new GW Museum
Photobucket photo IMG_1779_zpsbf00c93f.jpg

April: I experienced the most profoundly spiritual Easter and General Conference of my life + shortly thereafter my Grandma died, and at her funeral I felt the Spirit testify of the perfectness of the Gospel of Jesus Christ
Photobucket photo IMG_1779_zpsbf00c93f.jpg

Because I was in Utah for my Grandma's funeral, I was able to interview in person for a position at the BYU Museum of Art, my favorite museum + I got it, which was a miracle and answer to prayer, so it was time to celebrate My Museum Life in DC with one last visit to the GW Museum + Textile Museum, where I left my legacy!
Photobucket photo IMG_1779_zpsbf00c93f.jpg

May: My heart ached while spending time with good friends before moving away + I spent my last week on the East Coast with great friends at the Outer Banks, allowing my heart to feel all the complicated feelings
Photobucket photo IMG_1779_zpsbf00c93f.jpg
My 6.5 years in DC were the most important years of my life. I can't describe them, and I'll never forget them

June: Crying all the way West with all my belongings + spending a day in my mission, Kirtland...didn't help the raw emotions
Photobucket photo IMG_1779_zpsbf00c93f.jpg

Arrived to Utah on a Saturday and started work on Monday...too excited for words! + feeling the love immediately upon my arrival
Photobucket photo IMG_1779_zpsbf00c93f.jpg

July: I felt exceedingly blessed immediately having so many wonderful friends and family around me + fell in love with Provo and Salt Lake City all over again
Photobucket photo IMG_1779_zpsbf00c93f.jpg

Photobucket photo IMG_1779_zpsbf00c93f.jpg

August: Family Fun Day became a thing + Provo becomes the new DC
Photobucket photo IMG_1779_zpsbf00c93f.jpg

Learning my amazing art and museum experiences didn't end when I left the East Coast...They are only beginning + Spring City art in the homes of the artists...life changing experience
Photobucket photo IMG_1779_zpsbf00c93f.jpg

September: Still lots of chances for firsts! A trip to Bear Lake + Eight friends glamping in a conestoga wagon
Photobucket photo IMG_1779_zpsbf00c93f.jpg

Stuart Falls @Sundance + Millcreek Canyon
Photobucket photo IMG_1779_zpsbf00c93f.jpg

October: I promise a lot of exciting things happened this month, but our visit to the Salt Flats was everything
Photobucket photo IMG_1779_zpsbf00c93f.jpg

Photobucket photo IMG_1779_zpsbf00c93f.jpg

November: Absolutely nothing compares to the joy of your hometown boys winning the World Series after 30 years + Thanksgiving with family
Photobucket photo IMG_1779_zpsbf00c93f.jpg

December: Christmas brought an amazing trip to New Haven, Connecticut, to check out Bremen's new digs working at Yale and living on the Long Island Sound...dreamy
Photobucket photo IMG_1779_zpsbf00c93f.jpg

A few days in New York to round out the year + toasting in the New Year with friends at the idyllic Sundance Resort
Photobucket photo IMG_1779_zpsbf00c93f.jpg

What can I say, 2015? You were beautiful, meaningful, life-changing, exciting, hard, interesting, and loving.

Part 2 of this post will recap my theme for the year and how it affected my life...coming soon.

No comments: