1) I'm excited for Mitt Romney that he won the Michigan Primary. I have to watch some news show every night to see how the race is going. It's really important to me to watch the debates and form my own opinions. It's all very interesting.
2) I finally have my dream student job and I've had to work really hard for it. I'm now a student registrar at the BYU Museum of Art. I do the behind the scenes work with the art including transporting artwork to where ever it needs to go, doing condition reports, and entering data on our computerized data system. I also help out in the print study room where people can come to look more closely at a piece of artwork. Yesterday I traveled to the Salt Lake Temple to do some work on a painting we have on loan there. It was a really cool experience.
3) I have two internship applications in to The Metropolitan Museum of Art and The Museum of Modern Art, both in New York. I have about 6 more to send out to New York, Washington D.C. and Kansas City. I'm hoping I'll get accepted to a decently paid internship! If not I'll stay in Provo and work at the museum here and take classes.
4) About a week and a half ago my sister Jordan and her family were in Sacrament Meeting in Lehi when a sister in their ward (and the visiting teacher/close friend of Jordan) was killed in the parking lot as she was walking into church with her mother. Kristy and her husband were separated and had a horrible relationship and he tracked her down and shot her 8 times in the church parking lot. Many people witnessed it. It was a horrifying experience and I can't believe it happened the way it did. It really shook me up to think that this happened in my sister's neighborhood, just outside the building where they were. The thought has crossed my mind, "What if he went inside the church and just started shooting?" Jordan and Mike went to the funeral and they said that the main message was forgiveness. I suppose that is right but it's not easy.
5) One more thing. I totally recommend this on-line textbook selling vendor called half.com I bought most of my textbooks there for a fraction of the price and BYU buys them back. In my experience I got the same amount of money back! BLING! Also like 2 days ago I posted for sale some old textbooks that my roommate gave to me and I've already made a sale!
Wednesday, January 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Mags...wow, I'm in shock about the shooting. It really goes to show that anything can happen anywhere, not just in crazy NY. Wow.
Maggie, it's me, Rachel McDavitt! How are you? It's been so long since I've seen you. It looks like you are having a blast in Provo. We've moved to Spokane WA. Here's my blog: www.mattrachraab.blogspot.com. I'm glad to hear that you still keep in touch with Severine. She was such a neat person. Tell your family Hi for me. I just saw your mom and Bremen back in August. Keep in touch!
Rachel (McD) Raab
Post a Comment