Monday, April 20, 2009

Don't read this--seriously not worth your time. It's just me venting

Everyone else seems to be in a whiney and complaining mood about how hard life is right now, and since I'm never one to miss out on a good whine fest, I decided to throw in my two-cents...

This has been a hard semester--with me once again taking on more than it seems I can handle.

I finally finished (well, almost--stupid on-line forms) my washington seminar stuff and internship, but I'm still frantically trying to finish the last work of my independent study class. I have a 5 page paper to write TONIGHT and to make things worse I just got feedback from my prof about the paper I turned in last week. He ripped it apart and gave me a "wish list" of everything I should change on it to try to raise my grade. Dang--I didn't know he was going to be such a hard grader.

So now I have an entire paper plus the revision of another paper that I need to finish by tomorrow. All I want to do is graduate and be done.

To make it worse, at the end of my internship I had to turn in my Smithsonian ID and my library card expired. I only found that out today as I tried to check out more books. How am I supposed to get the sources I need for the dang papers. Not to mention I don't have time to go to library anyway. I've been sneaking away from my desk just to try to make copies or sneak to the library.

ALL WEEKEND I had to check out all the Barlow peeps from the barlow and do so much cleaning my hands are flaking off right now and I can't find my lotion because everything is all packed up or strewn across my new bedroom floor or intermingled with all the crap of my two friends who are also staying with me.

After an entire weekend of yelling, cleaning, checking, pleading, and packing, I finally got out of the barlow center by around 9 pm on saturday night and bless the hearts of a few friends got all my stuff to my new apartment in Bethesda Maryland. But as I mentioned, I'm sharing my room right now with two other barlow girls (who are two of my very good friends and I invited them so its not that big a deal I'm just being complainy) and all of our suitcases and boxes. I have two other wonderful roommates and the 5 of us are all sharing one bathroom.

Today I got to work (EARLY! GO MAGGIE!) and left shortly after to go get my new ID. I waited in the pouring rain for the shuttle, shuttled over to the ID place, waited for my turn, was told I couldn't get it unless I had my old one. So then I had to walk in the pouring rain to the Hirshhorn to get my old ID and then back to Capital Gallery waited in line again and then got my new ID. Then I snuck to the Sackler library to make copies and then metroed back to my museum. It was crazy, freezing, wet, and annoying. Then, on my lunch break tried to check out books, only to be told my library card expired at the end of my internship and that I'll have to go back to talk to the librarian. I NEED THOSE BOOKS to write the stupid paper that I'm going to get a bad grade on anyway.

So tonight I know that with all these fun girls around me and our last night in DC together there's going to be a lot going on but I'm going to have to shut myself in my room and write the dang paper. Oh blah--I'm a big complainer...

Internship+ Washington Seminar+ AA+ New job+ Independent Study+ check outs+moving+having friends stay with you= Stress and not happy right now

1 comment:

AdrianneJayne said...

What I'm trying to figure out is how you're typing away on your blog when you hands are flaking off.

Yuck!