Wednesday, April 29, 2009

YAY BREMEN!




My brother Bremen entered a contest to become a gear tester for Backpacker Magazine. The contest rules were that you had to create a YouTube video demonstrating a product and proving your outdoorsy lifestyle. This was his first attempt at making a YouTube video and it was not only head-on with being informative towards his chosen product but actually quite a beautiful little piece. You should watch it.

Today, here in Washington DC, while exiting the Portrait Gallery where he, my mom, and I met up for a quick lunch and tour through the Hall of the Presidents, Bremen got an e-mail saying that he was one of the winners of the contest! Over 300 people applied and Bremen's name was mentioned first of the 10 winners, so I'm claiming that he won first place.

He'll be consistently testing products for the magazine such as packs and sleeping bags and writing up features for the magazine. His name and picture will be included with each published article. If they like his work, which of course they will because he is a genius writer, he could possibly join on with the magazine.

Best of all? He gets to keep the brand-new items he gets to test!

6 comments:

Kim and Layne said...

Sweet! That was a great video!

The Wettstein Family said...

Is there anything Bremen isn't good at? Seriously. I would be so happy for him if I wasn't so jealous of him. Oh, did I say all that out loud?!
Congrats Bremen!!

Megan said...

That video was AWESOME!!! Totally indie/artsy and with some seriously good writing. I liked the whole "righteous shoes" and "wicked trail" thing. Way professional--congratulations, Bremen! And congratulations to Maggie for having such a cool brother.

Anonymous said...

Bremen and Maggie ROCK!! We wnat to see you soon when we come to DC! We'll call you!
Love, Jeff & Joan

AdrianneJayne said...

oh my gosh!!!!!!!! yayyyyyy!!!!!!!!! I'm so happy right now! You just made my day! I'm a little sad I didn't hear it from Bremen, but seriously.. I knew he'd win! Woooo hooooo!
he is SO brill!

Jordan said...

INCREDIBLY awesome! It's so good to hear that Bremen's having some good luck and some great blessings! I miss you already! Tell Bremen CONGRATS!