New desk. New wall. Really love it.
Still need to buy a flower pot, but you get the idea.
Thoughts on today.
I cried today. a lot sometimes. but in short bursts because I kept trying to snap out of it.
So it started when I got tired of talking and dealing with what seems like the same lady on the phone or in any government office. You know who I'm talking about? The lady who is apathetic, bureaucratic, and in my mind seems smug in the fact that she has a job, takes her hour long lunch break, and takes off 5-10 minutes early everyday. I know this lady because downtown dc is full of them.
I kind of bawled for like 2 minutes. But when that happens it usually motivates me to move on to the next thing, so inevitably I push on to my next phone call with tears still in my voice because I just need to keep working.
Then I walked to the post office and dealt with the bureaucratic ladies again. And some guys have been chopping down trees in my walking/running path everyday this week and I'm tired of walking several blocks around them when I really just need to go straight through them, so today I didn't even look at them and just walked right through it. They had to whistle up to the guy chopping at the tree to stop till I passed. I didn't even look at them. Then a branch came crashing down and it scared me and sawdust cut into my eye and made me cry again because it hurt but also because I knew I was being stupid and stubborn.
Then I watched the footage of the earthquake in Japan and I cried again.
It's a PMS thing I'm sure. I'll be fine.
Yesterday I worked for an organization called Morality in Media and I made a gazillion calls to senators and congressmen. Everyone I talked to was really nice. So not everyone downtown is mean. And I made 100 bucks.
And my grandma just sent out an email saying it is their 700th anniversary and then in parentheses: (in months). How in the world does someone keep track of that sort of thing?
And I miss this guy and his brothers so much. Trevan could only keep this mint in his mouth for a few seconds because it was too "spicy"
6 comments:
I rearry rike dease! But they rearry spicy!
Laughter through tears is my favorite emotion! (which is, ya know, the same as tears through stubbornness)
Actually I should have written it, "Schpishie"
Hang in there Maggie. We all have those days were we shed some tears at random moments. But eventually we tell ourselves to just put on our big girl panties and deal with life. Although the tears do seem to help with the frustration. I hope you have better days ahead this week. You are one of the most incredible people I know and I envy you for your ambition. Keep plowing through. Love you.
Maggie you are so cute. I love your new desk and your new wall! You are so stylin' and inspirin' :) I hope things get better for you soon. Something that will make you laugh and you won't be able to help it. Think of you often!
Love your cousin jos
I love the wall! it turned out so well. I need to do something like that over my bed. I bought frames for it on Saturday. Hang in there friend! You're amazing and something will come through soon. I'm just sure of it. And seriously, call me any time. Even if I'm at work, or could be sleeping. Sometimes you just need someone to vent to and work out what you've been going over and over and over again in your mind all day. I'm there, friend!
I love your wall!!! And your desk!!! My dad promised me a writing desk that was his dad's that looks exactly like that (only unpainted) and I am DYING to get my hands on it, paint it white, update the hardware, and then pen witty, romantic journal entries and letters and blog posts from it while feeling ever so literary and Austen-ish.
Post a Comment