Sent from my iPhone
Friday, July 29, 2011
Life at the business school
You know you're in a short-term employment situation when at an all staff meeting the business school vice dean cracks a joke about why would anyone want to work in a museum and the whole auditorium erupts in laughter.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
yikes.
Nice. I just enjoyed reading an article on Slate.com about how the humanities in general is a waste of money (and grad school in particular!), with some of the most condescending comments by readers. Thank you, world, for invalidating my existence. This is mean, mean, mean, but I tell my husband on a pretty regular basis that I'm so glad he never majored in business. Granted, he's an engineer, but he loves art and music and architecture and history. Whew. When I first heard he was studying engineering, I nearly stopped dating him. Am I not the biggest snob?!? (p.s. I'd run down my own grandmother to work in a museum. Suck on that, business school vice dean!)
Post a Comment