I completed my first choice, DIY envelopes from catalogs and magazines. So fun! I made a bunch while watching movies. I love the way they turned out.
If you are lucky, you might get one in your mailbox someday! I have cute cherry blossom and Lady Bird Johnson stamps to use too.
1) Full-time work that is getting busier and busier all the time. Constant feelings of guilt for pushing so many work-related projects to the back burner
2) Part-time grad school in which, for one class, I am creating a museum and meet 3 times a week to keep the ball rolling. My teammates are out of control overachievers and planners. I can't keep up. The other class is independent research that will be published and presented. I meet frequently with professionals to report on my work. A lot of pressure.
3) Serving as 1st Counselor in the Relief Society Presidency can sometimes be like a part-time job, but luckily things have slowed down a bit...except for Sundays. This is also one of the greatest blessings in my life right now.
4) I have a part-time job on Wednesday and Friday nights and sometimes pick up extra shifts. Babysitting. It is a huge commitment and sacrifice of my free time right now, but for now financially, this is a commitment I'm willing to make.
5) I'm a GTA to 70 MBA students who happen to be public figures...mostly NFL players. Interesting stories. I have TONS to grade for the next month. I'll be honest I am only doing this so I can make 3K in one month.
6) I am diligently applying to internships, which can be VERY time consuming. I'm back to that phase again, where I have to complete two (!) 260 hour (!) internships before I can graduate. My goodness. This summer I hope to start my first one while doing everything else I do.
7) I was hired by a writer to type up his manuscripts for a book he is writing. It's not a lot of work, but just one more pressure.
8) Moving. How and when this will be accomplished I have no idea.
9) Visiting friends and family. I'm somehow making time to go to New York this weekend to see Lacey! Met anyone? Central Park! Upper East Side. Chelsea. Definitely want to go to the Brooklyn Flea as well. So much to look forward to. Mom is coming at the beginning of April...help me move please??
Needless to say, many things have been tossed out the window lately. The ones I miss the most are exercise, temple attendance, cooking, shopping, social life, and mid-week church meetings.

3 comments:
Holy cow! 1- Obsessed with those adorbs envelopes! 2- Never will I ever complain about being too busy again. Let me know how I can help! (moving? taking that job that pays 3k?)
Wow, girl! Getting it all done! You are awesome.
I would love to hear about the NFL job, sounds fascinating!! And I want to hear about your internship ideas, and future plans. We should get together soon!
And the museum studies students CAN be hyper, overachieving lunatics. I feel ya! Have any of them offered you prescription drugs yet? That was my lowpoint during the MSTD second course...
Oh my goodness Maggie, I need a nap just reading your list. How on earth you get it all done is incredible. When you're done with this list you should write a book about keeping your life together and getting everything done at once.
Your trip to NYC sounds incredible. If i ever get to NYC again I'm taking you with me so you can show me around. That sounds like one of the best trips ever. And you deserve it.
Post a Comment