Tuesday, March 19, 2013

New York City

The Friends
 photo IMG_1418_zpseb478624.jpg photobucket
 photo IMG_1418_zpseb478624.jpg photobucket

The Food
 photo IMG_1418_zpseb478624.jpg

photobucket

 photo IMG_1418_zpseb478624.jpg  photo IMG_1432_zps28dbb37a.jpg

The Ambience
PhotobucketPhotobucket
 photo IMG_1418_zpseb478624.jpg  photo IMG_1432_zps28dbb37a.jpg
PhotobucketPhotobucket
The Fun
Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket  photo IMG_1376_zps8b458fb8.jpg  photo IMG_1376_zps8b458fb8.jpg

Another delightful weekend in New York City. Special thanks to my high school BFF Lacey! We share so many interests, we never had to think twice about our plans. The agenda consisted of:

Victorian elegance at Lillie's
My fav
Shenanigans were made here
Highlight of the trip: Brooklyn Flea. Why oh why did I wait this long? Everything you've heard about Dough is true. The Cemita was the most amazing sandwich I've ever seen or tasted. I would have bought that Marie-Antoinette style lamp in a heartbeat if I owned my own house.
We ducked in and out of shops and restaurants in Soho during a snow flurry...so magical and cozy.
All you can eat Sushi.
Endured a night at the bars on Saint Patrick's Day...never again.
Beautiful, delightful, gorgeous, rich brunch at the Russian Tea Room. Can't recommend it enough.
Strolled through the (still cold) park and with all the luck in the world met Mamma Biscuit and her daddies. Be still my heart.
Saw the Impressionism, Fashion, and Modernity show at the Met. Sauntered through the galleries in angst because it should have been me who curated it, ya know? It is everything I stand for and embrace. I mean, even quotes from Au Bonheur des Dames were on the wall. This is sacred material my friends. It should have been me.
Can't visit the UES without a stop at Laduree, which was delightful as can be.
My one regret was when the taxi drove past St. Patrick's Cathedral on St. Patrick's day, we should have made time for a quick visit. It only seemed right. But I was in a hurry to catch my bus.

I'm still on a high, though dieting. 


No comments: