1) commuting to work and feeling like a professional. I love to check out what all the ladies are wearing. I also love to zip past people because it makes me feel like a local. People ask me directions and I can help them.
2) lunchtime. I work in a very professional part of town. Everyone around me is a professional on their lunch break so it makes me feel like a professional on my lunch break. Though I often feel like the youngest person around. And though I'm surrounded by people, it feels kind of lonely.
3) walking home at dusk. At the metro a trumpetist plays a jazzy version of "Come thou Fount of Every Blessing" (totally MY kirtland song!!) and sells bouquets of flowers. It gets me excited for a fun evening.
2 comments:
i love your blog maggie. so i dont know about you, but in provo i felt super old (yeah! at 24) but here in nyc i feel like im SO young. it seems like you feel the same way in D.C. im happy that you feel like a professional. im not there yet as im still a student. ha. but someday hopefully ill be. and then i can eat like a professional at some professional restaurant, wearing some professional clothe and having professional conversations.
Since I'm the only non-Facebooker out there, please post pictures on your blog. Can't wait to see what you're up to! Love you, Miss you!
Post a Comment