Friday, January 16, 2009

The much anticipated apartment pics!

When you first come in the door this is what you see. When I walked in the room for the first time I was SO HAPPY! I was imagining an old run down apartment, but this one is new, clean, and very nice. (although I had no heat my first week).
Keep walking in and you see my desk and my kitchen.
so cute and homey!
Here's a cool view from my kitchen window. The night before our internships started, there was a rose at the door of every girls' apartment. A note said, "Good luck tomorrow! From, the guys" Cute! and very EFY.
Turn around and here's my love seat and chair where I read.
Here's my cute center window. I'm glad I brought a few things to decorate my room with.
My bed. I still huddle only on one side.
Here's my view from my biggest window. It looks out towards Georgetown. I can see the chapel steeples in the distance. That big sandy colored building has a fancy Italian restaurant on the ground level and at night all the trees are lit up with christmas lights. It's really pretty. The building directly next door, which you can see a little of, is a bar, niiiiice.

My closet. Very Important. See I really didn't bring that many clothes.

And my bathroom. It's so nice to have my own bathroom. I'm a little weird about posting bathroom pictures on my blog, especially because I'm the only one who uses it. It's like I'm just asking you to conjure up mental images of me using it, so therefore, no shower shots.

I'll eventually get an exterior shot of the Barlow Center, because it's a very attractive building with red brick and white columns with a Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints sign out front. We live in a great location literally a block from The George Washington University, so there are students always running around. The best part is that about two blocks in the opposite direction is the entrance to Georgetown. It's the best part of DC. And there's a Trader Joe's across the street. It's the best.

Keep in touch everyone!









5 comments:

Jaclyn said...

Do you have a roommate or do you get to have your very own apartment? Keep me posted, I love reading your DC blogs.

JeRiCa said...

Oh my gosh! How cute is your new place. I still cant believe you are living so far away! Yes you have to go to Georgetown. We only drove through it (we were lost) but it looked so cute and fun! I would totally tell you where the Cheesecake factory was if I had any idea where we were driving. It was so crazy. I hope you dont have to drive much there... Scary for small town girls like me! Love you!

Lindsey said...

Love it Mags! So cute!

Jordan said...

What a cute apartment! Thanks for posting the pictures. How is your apt different than the others? How was the Inauguration?

jendar said...

niiiiice! so im guessing you got a married couple apartment right? cause i dont think the single apartments at the barlow center are this comfortable. and you have it all by yourself??? wow. im jeaulous.