Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Snowy Washington

It's kind of pretty but really icy and slippery. I'm talking 1/2 inch of solid ice on the sidewalks.
I slightly agree with President Obama on the wimpiness of washingtonians when it comes to the city supposedly shutting down. 

But nothing shut down for me. I still had to go to work and fight the metro crowds. AND I made it almost the entire day without slipping until I took one last hasty step towards the Barlow Center stairs and my feet totally slipped out from under me. I fell all over the sidewalk and slowly dragged my way the last few feet into the Barlow. Then I pretended that nothing had happened.
 

5 comments:

AdrianneJayne said...

I hate that! Just when you're sighing of relief that you made it without an incident, you slip and slide all over the place! It happens all of the time to me! Miss you!

Megan said...

One time, during the first snowfall of my sophomore year at BYU, I was walking back to my dorm wearing FLIP FLOPS of all things, slipped in some snow, and fell on my BUTT, right on top of the sandwich I'd just bought for lunch, and right in front of some girl who asked, "Uhhh, are you okay?" So. Incredibly. Humiliating.

Valerie said...

Hey stranger, why'd you move to ice-ville? I didn't see you enough as it was and now you're clear over there!! P.S. I tagged you :) Check my latest blog to see what it is, I think you'll have a cool one to share seeing all the awesome pics you're getting!

Jordan said...

You better watch out! It looks like a SOLID SHEET of ICE out there!

Roz said...

Did anyone get a video of the Big
Fall? We might have a few good laughs watching it! I hate falling down, even if no one sees. I still get freaked out going down wooden stairs in the dark, remembering what a terrible fall I took a few years ago, throwing my shoulder out, & then driving all the way to Utah before getting medical attention. Never again!!!