Saturday, January 02, 2010

blog post worthy...

There's a huge, single Anthropologie up the street from my apartment. It is severely misplaced. It's not a fancy part of town, there's gas stations on two corners nearby and a Men's XL store on the third corner. This Anthropologie is HUGE and beautiful, though. I always told myself I needed to stop by there to support the store. Sadly, I never did and noticed a few days ago that the store was closing down. What a pity, right? I'm sad it couldn't make it in this part of town, but HELLO HUGE CLOSING SALE!!! I went in yesterday and noticed they are just moving to a richer part of town, so at least it will still be around, just a little further away. All I can say is I'm SO glad I don't own a house or garden because everything in the store was on sale, including HUGE furniture items, standing mirrors, huge clocks, lighting fixtures, fountains, etc. I could have bought the whole store! They had a large selection of sale items that had been marked down many times and were still an additional 40% off. Hooray! I kind of went crazy. I got:

  • a black furry sweater coat
  • 2 cute tops
  • a gray wrap dress with a pink sash
  • a pair of purple sparkly tights
  • an adorable bright colored pillow sham
  • 2 cute bright colored plates
  • and a turquoise milk pitcher
To me this is very exciting because I love the store and the style, but I can't afford it! That's why I'm glad all this stuff was so cheap. I'm slowly adding interesting pieces to my wardrobe and fun pieces for my future house.

7 comments:

CS said...

when i get back to dc, you need to take me shopping and help me pick some outfits. you always dress so nice!!!

Kristen said...

what's an anthropologie?

Sheryl said...

i know you had to concentrate...but not even a call! but great job maggie.

Valerie said...

Oh my gosh I'm so jealous!! How amazing! Sounds like you got some great stuff, I think my favorite is the turquoise milk pitcher, that sounds adorable! *Sigh* I love that store and can NEVER buy anything but maybe a pencil..if they even sell those :) Awesome find Maggie!

Alisa said...

hi mags! i'm finally catching up on blogs, and your decade in review. I have to tell you i LOVED reading your dec. 23 post!!! ah...makes me feel so reminiscent of our time in cleveland together with the browns!!

jendar said...

in theory, anthropologie is my favorite store. in practice...well, thats another story because I never buy anything there as I can't afford it. like you, I would have gone crazy at this sale. im jealous.

Meagan said...

I am really jealous too. I was just walking around gateway mall and went into anthropolgie. I love that store. Instead I got a bunch of things from ann taylor loft for 50% off, so i guess ill be happy with that.