Sunday, January 31, 2010

Today's stats

10:35 AM: Ran over something vicious on the Rockville Pike. Hit my car HARD.
11:30 AM: Car won't start. Open hood. Mess with battery. It starts.
11:31 AM: Scrape down the snow and ice on my car.
11:33 AM: Start driving...hear really weird sounds coming from car.
11:40 AM: Pull into parking lot. Check tire. It's flat.
11:45 AM: Call Bremen. Text Bremen. Call roommate. Call other roommate.
12:47 PM: Bremen comes to help me change the tire.
1:45 PM: Wheel won't come off. Give up trying to put on flat. Decide to drive very slow to auto shop.
1:50 PM: Scrape down snow and ice on car. Discover car door won't latch. Car won't start. Open hood. Mess with battery. Car starts. Door latches.
2:00 PM: Drop off car at shop.
3:00 PM: Almost slide off the road a million times in Bremen's car.
7:30 PM: Pick up car with TWO new tires. $$$ in the hole. Car door won't latch. Scrape down ice and snow on car.
8:00 PM: Take car back to shop to have them fix the door.
8:15 PM: Drop all my cds in the oily, muddy, puddles on the garage floor.
8:30 PM: Realize I left my purse in car. Go back to get purse. Car door latches. Take car.
11:30 PM: Car door won't open. Finally opens then won't latch. Car won't start. Open hood. Mess with Battery. It starts. Car door won't latch. Scrape down ice and snow on car. Wait for 15 minutes. Still won't latch. Drive home holding door closed with one hand. Get home. Door finally latches.

7 freakin inches of snow.

5 comments:

IzeOfLight said...

Ew.

I was going to say something snotty like "Get a Toyota" and then I realized, Oh yeah.

Sorry your day was so lame! If you lived in Orange County, I would've been there asap!

lisa said...

ah!! so sorry. Sounds like one of those days where by the end, I'd just keeping thinking, oh right. of course the car won't start again. And the door? why should I expect it to close? such bad luck you almost have to laugh.

Sheryl said...

whoa. didn't know about the 11:30 part. man girl. what a day!

julie said...

Maggie, I read your blog occasionally, since I try to keep up with my family...even if they don't know me!!! I am still loving this one! Brought back great memories growing up in Rexburg! You are SOOOO clever and funny! Wish I knew you in person :) Julie (your cousin) You will probably have to do a little detective work on that one!

Cami said...

Oh, Maggie, what trauma! You poor thing! I'm glad you have a brother around to help you. I love the picture of the icicles. Glad you're seeing the beauty of winter in February. May summer come soon!