This morning I did something I haven't done since high school. (you know, FOUR YEARS of early morning swim practice BEFORE early morning seminary). After 30 minutes of my alarm going off, I finally dragged myself out of bed and into a hot shower, thinking that would wake me up. When I got out of the shower, I wrapped a towel around myself and got back in bed, dampness and all, because I couldn't bear the thought of facing this day. Have you ever tried that? It's my guilty pleasure- nothing like a little pity party to start off the day. I lay there for 8 minutes, without ever closing my eyes, then I got back up and finished getting ready.
As it turns out, my intuition was right. This was definitely a go back to bed day. Work is killing me right now, but I WILL PREVAIL!
Friday, January 08, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Usually when I do that.. i don't get back up. So I just don't do it.
YOU CAN DO IT!
oh my gosh....i haven't gotten back in bed in towel, damp and all, for a very long time! but, i do know what you mean, a guilty pleasure! you can do it mags!! good luck with all you're busy with!
Post a Comment