Friday, December 25, 2009

2000-2009: A Decade in Review #24

Happy Christmas Eve!
What a wonderful day it has been. I love my family.

Tonight I had the pleasure of celebrating Christmas Eve with most of my family, and we had a special guest with us- my wonderful friend, Holly.

Tonight's memory post is dedicated to Holly.

When: July 2006
Where: Provo, Utah

*A Holly Jolly Christmas*
I was a freshly returned missionary and, frankly, I was having a hard time adjusting to normal life. I had to find a place to live, get started on a new job, buy a car, get a cell phone, buy new clothes, and make new friends. It was hard to get myself organized again. I moved in to an apartment with my wonderful friend, Alisa (Sister Christensen...who by the way gave birth to her sweet Christmas son this Christmas Eve...I can't help but think Alisa is a modern day Mary of Bethlehem!). Not long after I got dropped off and all my stuff moved in to the apartment, I heard a knock at the door. I opened it and saw a cute, bubbly brunette standing there. She was asking for either of my roommates. They weren't home. Holly introduced herself to me, and if I remember correctly came in to maybe use the internet and was trying to find a car to buy. I had just gone through all that, so I helped her look, and she overheard my awkward attempts on the phone to reconnect with a former fling of mine (Nelson). Holly and I hit it off right away, and I'm so grateful she was there for me during that hard time in my life. Holly has been there for me through thick and thin for 3 and half years since then. We lived together for almost 3 years and in 4 different apartments. I love her like a sister and I'm so glad she was able to spend Christmas Eve with us. I could go on forever, but I love her. She is the best friend a girl could ask for and deserves nothing but the best in life.

Love you girl!

No comments: