Sunday, December 13, 2009

2000-2010: A Decade in Review #13

When: Spring 2002
Where: Kansas City, MO

Remember Nelson? I kind of liked him for a while, so I wanted to ask him to my senior prom. The only thing is that I was too nervous to do it. I put it off for a long time, but in the meantime I was preparing for everything. I made plans to go in a group with some good friends, dinner reservations, limo, my mom was making my dress (gold!), corsage (orange orchid!), and boutonniere. So I was definitely going. So I finally got up the nerve to call Nelson and I was telling him how excited I was for prom and how I had everything ready. Then (this is cheesy) I said, "I only need one thing." "What's that?" "A date. That's why I'm calling you." Then Nelson had the nerve to say, "I'm going to have to check my schedule." I totally believed him and probably got shrill saying, "Yeah that's fine! Just let me know! No pressure!" Then he cut me off and started laughing and said, "Maggie. Of course I'll go with you." That was totally mean, but he made up for it by being a great date to my prom!

* I still get severe anxiety before I invite a boy to something. I mean, I lose sleep over it. But I still try to do it often.

No comments: