Tuesday, December 08, 2009

2000-2010: A decade in review #8

When: Fall 2001
Where: Hibachi, Country Club Plaza, Kansas City, MO
What: Homecoming dinner

My date and I went with a huge group to dinner at Hibachi, a Japanese grill, you know, the kind where the chef cooks at your table and does tricks and sometimes tosses food at you. So he was going around the table tossing shrimp at people and they were catching it in their mouths. Then he comes to me and I am panicked and shaking my head no, but he tosses it anyway and it goes down the front of my dress. It was burning hot and I had to dig it out in front of everyone. I was so embarrassed I could have died. Then the chef says, "oooh lucky shrimp!"

4 comments:

AdrianneJayne said...

Love it!

Jordan said...

I love this story and laugh everytime I think of it. Of course, anytime I'm at a japanese grill, I think of it. SO funny!

Valerie said...

Ha, I remember this story!

Non-Cents-ical said...

Hahaha...Maggie, I remember that too! I believe that was the night the Dione's took a massive plunge in the Stake n' Shake parking lot after the dance. I will never forget seeing it coming. She started racing in her high heels torwards Richard and me on the icy pavement. Like it was in slow motion, her legs started wobbling and flew out from under her and over her head. Oh my gosh, it was so hard not to laugh at the time. Fortunately, she didn't get hurt.