When: August 2003
Where: Kansas City, MO
*Warning: This story appears more scandalous than it really was. Please believe me.*
I was back in KC for a couple of weeks before I went off to fulfill one of my biggest dreams ever...my study abroad in Paris (I don't waste any time). The truth is *blush* I still liked Nick and we spent some time together before I left. We were at Longview Lake (where we had gone before, if you remember), and we brought a blanket to sit on. And yes, we kissed while sitting on the blanket, but that part is irrelevant. When we left, I rolled up the blanket and held it under my arm as I walked back to the car. I complained the whole way because I thought he should carry the blanket because he's the man. He wouldn't do it.
The next day I broke out into the worst poison ivy attack I had ever had! I wanted to die!!! As I walked with the blanket, it had of course rubbed under my arm, I had kind of cuddled my face and head against it as I walked, and it even pulled up my shirt a little at my waist as I walked and rubbed on my skin there. I had the most awful, swollen, wanna-die itchy rash all over the right side of my body from my ear to my waist. And it had started to spread to places where the blanket didn't even touch me! The worst part is that the whole situation looked so scandalous!. I didn't want to show my mom because she'd think that I was rolling around with no clothes on with a boy in the bushes at a lake. Well, I couldn't hide the rash, so of course she found out, and of course that is exactly what she thought. I was so mortified!!! Try to explain that the reason you got poison ivy was from a blanket and from nothing else!
AND Nick is immune to Poison Ivy so if he had just carried the dang blanket none of that would have even happened.
AND I thought it had gone away by the time I was headed to Paris, but being confined on a plane for 10 hours with a long sleeve jacket, and VOILA! I had a little piece of home accompanying me to Paris. I WANTED TO DIE!!!!
Thursday, December 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
ha--don't worry, maggie. We won't judge you--we all know what reeeallly happened that night...
so is this when you stopped liking nick? or did he make it up to you somehow? I'm still soo intrigued by how everything went with the recent visit.
and i love your stories.
This is hilarious! When I was little, I used to get poison ivy so bad. My skin did not even need to touch the poison ivy. I would be covered head to toe as if I had rolled around naked in patch of it (which I never did). I cannot imagine sitting on a plane with that!
I sure didn't know about this. I guess you fooled me!
Love the story! Paris made it all better, right? Paris makes everything better!
Post a Comment