When: September 2006- December 2008
Where: BYU Museum of Art, Provo Utah
Today Jordan and I visited the BYU Museum of Art. As we were walking up to it I said, "I know it seems like I'm obsessed with this place, but really, this place changed my life." It did. When I got home from my mission, I wanted to work at the MOA so badly, that I walked in with my resume and talked to the first staff member I saw. I handed her my resume and told her I wanted a job there. She suggested I enroll in the docent class, volunteer a little, get to know the staff, and then try again. I did just that. I took the class and learned how to give tours at the museum. I loved it. I got to know the staff. Next, I found out about an internship opportunity. I applied and began an internship with the curator of religious art. I loved it. About a year after that, I was still not satisfied. I wanted a job there. On a whim, I e-mailed a copy of my resume to the Registrar and told her I was looking for a job. Amazingly, next thing I knew I got a call to come in for an interview. I did and then got the job. I then started the beginning of the best work year of my life. I worked in the registrar's office and did art handling, maintaining of the database and object files, and collection storage. I loved my job and will probably never have another so cool. Also, the people made it all the more amazing. The MOA changed my life and led me to where I am now (Smithsonian! Cool, huh?)
Sunday, December 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Amen Maggie!!!
Post a Comment